New Vinyl: $34.99 Buy
Double album featuring a 1995 live show from Nick's Fat City in Pittsburg, PA. Features tracks: Only Wanna Be With You, Hold My Hand, Let Her Cry, I Go Blind, Love The One You’re With. Limited to 5000 copies wordwide.
1. Hannah Jane, 2. I Go Blind, 3. Not Even The Trees, 4. If You're Going My Way, 5. Look Away
1. Fine Line, 2. Let Her Cry, 3. Motherless Child, 4. I'm Goin' Home, 5. Use Me
1. Running From An Angel, 2. Sorry's Not Enough, 3. Drowning, 4. The Old Man And Me, 5. Only Wanna Be With You
1. Time, 2. Goodbye, 3. The Ballad Of John And Yoko, 4. Hold My Hand, 5. Love The One You're With
Double-sided 7" picture disc in standard jacket. Side A will feature cover art from Weather Balloons (feat. Frances Cone) and Side B will feature cover art from SUSTO's rendition of "Daniel," the classic Elton John hit.
"Weather Balloons" is a special version of a previously released song from Ever Since I Lost My Mind, featuring vocals from tour mate Christina Cone (aka Frances Cone.) “Sometimes a song can be transformed through live performance with new people. For me, connecting with Christina was like meeting a long-lost musical sister, and when we began performing ‘Weather Balloons’ together on tour, the song was given a new energy that needed to be captured. This new recording is an attempt to capture that magic that happens on stage, between friends.” - SUSTO
On "Daniel," SUSTO present their faithful rendition of the classic Elton John hit, “Daniel.” Originally released by John in 1973, the song reached #2 on the US Pop charts and #1 on the Adult Contemporary charts, and has since gone on to reach Platinum certification by the RIAA. SUSTO front man and lead singer, Justin Osborne, provides the vocals with a sincerity that honors the spirit of the beloved ballad, while the underlying instrumentals provide an effervescent quality, through the use of clever synch tones and instruments as unconventional as beer bottles."
“Weather Balloons (ft. Frances Cone)”/”Daniel”
Mike Watt, legendary bassist behind Minutemen, fIREHOSE, Dos, and so much more, is the latest to release a cover of a Squeeze song for Record Store Day. Mike teams up with his Secondmen for a cover of 'In Quintessence,' the opening track from Squeeze's 1981 album East Side Story. This is the fifth installment from the Swindles series and was produced and engineered by Squeeze-aficionado Steve Mandel. This is the first time Mike's version of "In Quintessence" has ever been released and will be available as a 45 single, with the vocal version on the A-side and the instrumental version on the B-side, for Record Store Day 2020.
SIDE A: In Quintessence SIDE B: In Quintessence (Instrumental)
The Palace at 3AM is the first (and only) collaboration between the late Jay Bennett and his songwriting partner, Edward Burch. After fronting Minneapolis legends Titanic Love Affair from 1994-2001 Bennett was a key member of the band Wilco, often co-writing songs on the band's early releases with Jeff Tweedy. The power struggle was well documented in the Wilco documentary I Am Trying To Break Your Heart in which Bennett was fired as the cameras rolled. The band was working on Yankee Hotel Foxtrot at the time. Bennett immediately teamed up with Burch and The Palace at 4am was released on the same street date in 2002 as Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. Hardcore Wilco fans loved the release and immediately started making comparisons on who was the real 'genius' of Wilco, Bennett or Tweedy. Bennett passed away suddenly in 2009 and with the blessings of his family, ten years after his death Schoolkids Records has teamed up with Edward Burch to release The Palace at 4am for the first time ever on vinyl for RSD 2020. The album also includes the track "My Darlin'" which was also on Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, re-recorded by Bennett for this release. Limited edition cloudy clear vinyl, 2xLP gatefold. Download card included
1. Puzzle Heart 2. Talk to Me 3. Whispers or Screams 4. Shakin' Sugar 5. C.T.M. 6. Drinking on Your Dime 7. My Darlin' 8. No Church Tonite 9. Fireworks 10. Forgiven 11. Like a Photograph 12. Venus Stopped the Train 130 California 14. Little White Cottage 15. It Hurts
40th Anniversary reissue of the first album featuring Nick Cave, before the band’s name morphed into The Birthday Party and prior to the formation of his next band, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. Includes the classic “Shivers,” which has recently been covered by the likes of Cat Power and Courtney Barnett, to name a few.
This will be the first time the album will be issued on vinyl in many territories including the U.S.
1. The Nightwatchman 2. Brave Exhibitions 3. Friends Of My World 4. The Voice 5. Roman Roman 6. Somebody's Watching
1. After A Fashion 2. Dive Position 3. I Mistake Myself 4. Shivers
Pre-GWAR mayhem. This is the band that started it all. Before he became Oderus Urungus, Dave Brockie fronted Richmond VA art-punk weirdos Death Piggy. All three of their EPs are combined here with unreleased and compilation tracks on 180g green vinyl with experimental etchings, remastered from the original tapes and with liner notes written by the band's guitarist Russ Bahorsky. First American vinyl pressing in over 30 years.
BONUS DOWNLOAD CONTENT WITH PURCHASE: 20 minute never-before heard live improv acoustic set from 1984, recorded as the band surprised business owners and pedestrians on the street with an impromptu performance.
1 G-O-D Spells God 2 Splatter Flick 3 Eat The People 4 Fat Man 5 Nympho 6 Bathtub In Space 7 No Prob, Dude 8 Mangoes & Goats 9 Welcome To The Record 10 Boner 11 Showbiz 12 Dinner In The Morning
1 Whippin' Around The Bay 2 Ceramic Butt 3 Poet 4 Ground "B" Sound 5 Joey Died Today 6 Minute 2 Live 7 Scabs (UNRELEASED 8 Ewoks (UNRELEASED) 9 Fear Of Murder (RARE)
20 minute live improv acoustic set from 1984, captured as the band surprised business owners and passerby on the street by showing up unannounced with their instruments. (ONLY AVAILABLE WITH THE DOWNLOAD OF THE ALBUM, INCLUDED WITH THE PURCHASE OF THE LP)
1. Hey, It's Okay 2. Jeff Slater 3. You Can Eat Dinner If You Want To 4. Something In A / The Day After The Music Died 5. Jingle Bells / Leprosy 6. Purple Haze
British guitarist Allan Holdsworth’s 1983 album has only ever been reissued on vinyl as part of a limited edition 12 LP until now. The bonus track on this RSD 2020 release has never been on vinyl before.
SIDE 1: 1. “Three Sheets To The Wind” 2. “Road Games” 3. Water On The Brain”
SIDE 2: 1. “Tokyo Dream” 2. “Was There?” 3. Material Real Bonus Track 4. “Road Games (Alternative Jack Bruce Vocal Version)”
With his latest EP, Cover Your Tracks, Lund expands on his Western heritage by wearing his more popular and prominent influences on his sleeve. Covering songs from diverse artists such as Lee Hazlewood, Billy Joel, Marty Robbins and AC/DC, Lund expands on not only his favorite songs but on the range, sound and style in which those songs are delivered. Featuring the likes of Ian Tyson and Hayes Carll, Cover Your Tracks is a focused and deliberate collection of classic and unexpected songs, curated by Corb. Released and pressed on 45 RPM 12” opaque blue vinyl.
1. These Boots Are Made for Walkin' 2. The Cover of the Rolling Stone (feat. Hayes Carll) 3. They're Hanging Me Tonight 4. Outlaw Man 5. Ride On (feat. Ian Tyson) 6. Seven Spanish Angels 7. It's Still Rock And Roll To Me 8. I Shall Be Released
New Vinyl: $29.99 Buy
A truly special two-sided picture disc featuring imagery unavailable elsewhere - one side features the cover art, and the other, the Aureyal: a symbol representing the unity of the seven Gelfling Clans. The Aureyal presents itself in the visions of various important gelfling characters and is formally identified as "the sigil of great power" by skekGra the Heretic.
Composer Daniel Pemberton reveals: “I wanted the music to be as magical as Thra itself – organic, imperfect, strange, mystical, otherworldly and wonderful. I wanted to create new sounds that felt like they came from the world itself, as well as using thematic large scale orchestral elements to bring an emotion to the journey of the characters.
There are two Dark Crystal picture discs being released for Record Store Day, with completely different track listings.
The 10 episode prequel to the groundbreaking 1982 fan favorite The Dark Crystal stars Taron Egerton, Star Wars’ Mark Hamill, Harry Potter’s Helena Bonham-Carter, Tomb Raider star Alicia Vikander and Outlander’s Caitriona Balfe.
1. Dzenpo! – Daniel Pemberton 2. Remember Your Oath – Samuel Sim 3. Puppet Show – Samuel Sim, Daniel Pemberton 4. Song Of Thra – Daniel Pemberton 5. The Skeksis Arrive – Samuel Sim 6. Outcast – Daniel Pemberton 7. Outside Podling Wayhouse – Daniel Pemberton
1. An Old Story – Daniel Pemberton 2. The Three Brothers Rise – Daniel Pemberton 3. Attack Of The Arathim – Samuel Sim, Daniel Pemberton 4. Our Sister Is Gone – Samuel Sim 5. The Dark Crystal: End Credits – Daniel Pemberton 6. The Dark Crystal: The Age Of Hope – Daniel Pemberton
British singer-songwriter and front woman of trip-hop group Morcheeba, Skye Edwards celebrates the 10 year anniversary of her second album Keeping Secrets with the exclusive, special limited edition, white gatefold 180g vinyl for this year’s Record Store Day. Keeping Secrets, produced by Alexis Smith and Emmy-nominated Grace Jones collaborator Ivor Guest, showcases Skye’s instantly recognizable, smooth vocals. This limited edition white vinyl gatefold for RSD 2020 is the record’s first vinyl release.
“I Believe”/ “Boo Hoo” / “Not Broken” / “The Shape I’m In” / “Monsters Demons” / “Clock To Stop” / “Almost Killed Me” / “Wrong Alright” / “Maybe To Spain” / “Exhale”
The story of this compilation begins with a decades old myth; the "mystery singer" on a 10" acetate demo played to Elvis by Sam Phillips in June of 1954. Phillips, who was unable to ascertain the name of the singer, asked Elvis to sing the song as a debut record. The young, unknown Elvis was daunted by the performance. After attempting to record the song, Elvis felt he could not do it justice, and went on to record “That's All Right”. The demo's existence became an urban myth. The singer was finally identified as Jimmy Sweeney in early 2017 by writer Chris Kennedy, whose suspicions were confirmed by multiple sources, including Jimmy's daughter Eugenia. Sweeney’s masterpiece will finally be released under his own name on this compilation. In addition to that demo song, “Without You”, the album features some of Sweeney’s best recordings, many of which were never released to the public.
1. “Without You” - Jimmy Sweeney 2. “Deep Blues” - Jimmy Sweeney and the Varieteers 3. “I Pay With Every Breath” - Jimmy Sweeney and the Varieteers 4. “It Wouldn’t Be The Same (Without You) “- The Varieteers 5. “Desire” - Jimmy Sweeney 6. “Danny Boy” - Jimmy Destry 7. “Don’t Come In Here” – Varieteers 8. “Tobacco Road” - Jimmy Sweeney
1. “Gonna Find My Sweetheart “- Jimmy Sweeney 2. “Flippity Flop”- Jimmy Sweeney 3. “Sick, Sick, Sick” - Jim Sweeney 4. “She Wears My Ring” - Jimmy Bell 5. “Where You Lead Me” - Jim Sweeney 6.”Lunch In A Bucket” - Jimmy Bell 7. “Afraid” - Jim Sweeney 8. “What’cha Gonna Do About Me” - Jimmy Bell 9. “Deacon Brown” - Jimmy Sweeney
New Vinyl: $21.98 $19.98 Buy
Recorded live from their “Hey, I’m Just Like You” Tour. Includes exclusive versions of Tegan and Sara favorites on limited edition purple splatter vinyl.
A loving tribute to Wilco from the November issue of Uncut magazine, this collection comprises 19 Wilco covers recorded by notable artists such as Courtney Barnett, Kurt Vile, Sharon Van Etten, Low, Cate Le Bon and Parquet Courts, including one previously released version of “Jesus, Etc.” by Norah Jones’ band Puss N Boots and one recently unearthed (but never released) cover of “Casino Queen” by Billy F Gibbons of ZZ Top fame. There is not a weak moment on this album and many outstanding ones. Sure to appeal to the rabid Wilco fan base the CD which accompanied the magazine sold out quickly and is no longer available.
1. Cate Le Bon - Company In My Back, 2. Parquet Courts - I Got Drugs (At The End Of The Century), 3. Courtney Barnett - Dawned On Me, 4. Whitney - Far Far Away, 5. Kurt Vile - Passenger Side, 6. Low - War On War, 7. Ohmme - Kicking Television, 8. Mountain Man - You and I, 9. Ryley Walker - Love Is Everywhere (Beware), 10. Jen Cloher - Impossible Germany, 11. James Elkington - Black Moon, 12. Sharon Von Etten - Radio Cure, 13. Liam Kazar - Sunloathe, 14. Kacy & Clayton - How to Fight Loneliness, 15. Puss N Boots - Jesus Etc., 16. The Handsome Family - Capitol City, 17. Twin Peaks - Spiders (Kidsmoke), 18. Yo La Tengo - If I Ever Was A Child, 19. Billy F Gibbons - Casino Queen
Nightjar is the eighth studio album from Marty Willson-Piper (The Church, All About Eve, Noctorum), originally released in 2008. Considered by many fans to be the best record of MWP's career, this will be the first time it has ever been released on vinyl. Pressed on limited edition red vinyl with new artwork design on inside gatefold. Download card included.
A new project from MWP, Moat, will have a new album called Poison Stream in June 2020.
1. No One There 2. More is Less 3. Lullaby for the Lonely 4. The Sniper 5. Feed Your Mind 6. High Down Below 7. I Must’ve Fallen 8. The Love You Never Had 9. Song for Victor Jara 10. A Game for Losers
Founder Marie Daulne's mixed cultural roots--Walloon and Bantu (Belgian and Pygmee)--were the stimulus for her musical creation. After studying with the Bantu and in Europe, she organized Zap Mama as an instrument to meld a synthesis of these previously separate traditions. She instantly stood the vocal world on its head by mixing multiple musical styles, performing them with a group of women who created such rhythmic wonder that everyone sat up and took notice. This, their first release, has many tunes with Pygmee yodel and chant, a 16th century Spanish song, a Cuban song, and elements of Syrian songs. It was the first World Music 'hit' selling over 200,000 copies in the US alone. Available for the first time on vinyl. And on magenta splatter color vinyl too!
1. Mupepe 2. Bottom 3. Brrlak! 4. Abadou 5. Take Me Coco 6. Plekete 7. Mizike 8. Babanzele 9. Din Din 10. I Ne Suhe 11. Guzophela 12. Nabombeli Yo 13. Marie-Josee 14. Ndje Mukanie 15. Son Cubano
History of Sickness recorded in 2012 with Chiyo Nukaga Jacobus from Noothgrush and Greg Wilkinson from Brainoil at Earhammer Studios. Exclusive RSD release limited to 1000 copies with etching on "B" side.
"History of Sickness"/Etched B-Side
New Vinyl: $17.99 Buy
These live tracks from The Rolling Stones have never been commercially available before. "Rock In A Hard Place" was recorded live in Atlantic City and "Almost Hear You Sign" in Tokyo.
"Rock And A Hard Place"/"Almost Hear You Sigh"
SOFI TUKKER is the genre-defying duo of Sophie Hawley-Weld and Tucker Halpern celebrated for their inclusive and global perspective on electronic music and their work's themes of liberation, unity, and self-empowerment. The Dancing On The People EP (with three bonus tracks) is a collection of songs in English, Portuguese, and Spanish that expand Sofi Tukker’s global and inclusive vision of dance music with songs full of adventurous ideas and joy. Issued as a digital only release on September 20th, this first time vinyl release of the EP and for the bonus tracks as well, includes their collaboration with ZHU "Mi Rumba", and EP track remixes by Mahmut Orhan & R3HAB.
1. "Swing” 2. “Playa Grande” with Bomba Estereo 3. “Purple Hat” 4. “Ringless” 5. “Fantasy”
1. "Like This" 2. “Mi Rumba” 3. “Swing (Mahmut Orhan Remix)” 4. “Fantasy (R3HAB Remix)”
New Vinyl: $27.99 Buy
PRESSED ON AQUA BLUE COLORED VINYL PACKAGED WITH A DELUXE OBI-STRIP AND INCLUDES A DOWNLOAD CARD FOR THE FULL ALBUM
As Chuck Mosley (ex Faith No More & Bad Brains) embarked on the Reintroduce Yourself Tour, which saw him play around 160 shows during the last two years of his life, he had an idea about releasing a live collection of songs. Part of the point of the tour was to give Chuck a chance to revisit his past, in Cement, VUA, and even some stuff he wrote way back in the day. This release has a mix of those, along with one brand new song, Blue Heart, which he wrote a few months before passing. Quality recordings are scarce and others were sabotaged by off-time clapping, buzzing old amps, and endless stage banter. While we were never polished, never perfect, nor did we get all the lyrics correct, this record is 100% Chuck Mosley, and we think you'll dig it.
1. Sophie (Live in Manchester) 2. Blue Heart (Live in Knoxville) 3. Come Around (Live in Huntsville) 4. Song #2 (Live in Huntsville)
1. Nameless (Live in Manchester) 2. Tractor (Live in London) 3. Bella Donna (Live in London) 4. Bob Forest (Live in London) 5. C to G (Douglas' unapproved hidden track)
New Vinyl: $9.99 Buy
In celebration of their mutual admiration for the Deal sisters, The Good Life (feat. Tim Kasher of Cursive) and The Pauses join forces to affectionately re-interpret the seminal alt-rock pioneers The Breeders. The 7-inch split features beautiful Vaughan Oliver-inspired artwork (in tribute to the late artist) with custom screen-printed packaging designed and built with love by Dan Black at his Landland Colportage studio in Saint. Paul, MN.
Side A) The Good Life - "Divine Hammer" (from Last Splash) - Side B) The Pauses - "Off You" (from Title TK)