Record Store Day Drops 2020 - Sept 26
The Palace at 3AM is the first (and only) collaboration between the late Jay Bennett and his songwriting partner, Edward Burch. After fronting Minneapolis legends Titanic Love Affair from 1994-2001 Bennett was a key member of the band Wilco, often co-writing songs on the band's early releases with Jeff Tweedy. The power struggle was well documented in the Wilco documentary I Am Trying To Break Your Heart in which Bennett was fired as the cameras rolled. The band was working on Yankee Hotel Foxtrot at the time. Bennett immediately teamed up with Burch and The Palace at 4am was released on the same street date in 2002 as Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. Hardcore Wilco fans loved the release and immediately started making comparisons on who was the real 'genius' of Wilco, Bennett or Tweedy. Bennett passed away suddenly in 2009 and with the blessings of his family, ten years after his death Schoolkids Records has teamed up with Edward Burch to release The Palace at 4am for the first time ever on vinyl for RSD 2020. The album also includes the track "My Darlin'" which was also on Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, re-recorded by Bennett for this release. Limited edition cloudy clear vinyl, 2xLP gatefold. Download card included
1. Puzzle Heart 2. Talk to Me 3. Whispers or Screams 4. Shakin' Sugar 5. C.T.M. 6. Drinking on Your Dime 7. My Darlin' 8. No Church Tonite 9. Fireworks 10. Forgiven 11. Like a Photograph 12. Venus Stopped the Train 130 California 14. Little White Cottage 15. It Hurts
A re-issue of The Black Crowe’s “Jealous Again” 12” vinyl single to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the iconic Shake Your Money Maker album. Features the hit single “Jealous Again” on Side A, backed with “Waitin’ Guilty” and “Thick N’ Thin” on Side B.
SIDE A –
1. Jealous Again (Album Version)
SIDE B –
1. Waitin’ Guilty 2. Thick N’ Thin (Album Version)
40th Anniversary reissue of the first album featuring Nick Cave, before the band’s name morphed into The Birthday Party and prior to the formation of his next band, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. Includes the classic “Shivers,” which has recently been covered by the likes of Cat Power and Courtney Barnett, to name a few.
This will be the first time the album will be issued on vinyl in many territories including the U.S.
1. The Nightwatchman 2. Brave Exhibitions 3. Friends Of My World 4. The Voice 5. Roman Roman 6. Somebody's Watching
1. After A Fashion 2. Dive Position 3. I Mistake Myself 4. Shivers
Solomon Burke was an American preacher and singer who shaped the sound of rhythm and blues as one of the founding fathers of soul music in the 1960s. Originally released in 1976, Back To My Roots was his debut album on the legendary Chess Records label, a well-known imprint devoted to the best Blues, R&B, Funk and Soul music. After a long stint on Atlantic and MGM Records, Solomon Burke signed for Chess to work with the wonderful producer Herman Rush who wrote and produced this sensational album.
This release for Record Store Day is its first repress since the original 1976 release.
SIDE A –
1. Burning For Your Love 2. Night And Day 3. Everybody’s Got To Cry Sometime 4. I’m Going Back To My Roots
SIDE B –
1. Precious Flower 2. The Do Right Song 3. Life Has It’s Ups And Downs 4. Over And Over (Hugging And Loving) 5. I’ll Never Stop Loving You
RSD 2020 Ambassador Brandi Carlile has strong ties to her hometown Seattle. Her RSD 2020 release pays tribute to one of the region's most legendary bands, and one of her strong influences: Soundgarden.
"Black Hole Sun" / "Searching With My Good Eye Closed"
If you watched television, went to the movies, or listened to radio in the ‘80s and ‘90s, you probably heard Suzanne Ciani's work whether you knew it or not. Suzanne is a five-time Grammy award-nominated composer, electronic music pioneer, and neo-classical recording artist whose work has been featured in countless commercials, video games, and feature films. The documentary A Life In Waves explores Suzanne's life and innovations through her own eyes, offering a feminine glimpse into the world of electronic music.
With fifteen albums spanning 40-plus years, countless commercial scores and sound designs, Suzanne's catalog is among the most rich and varied of any artist working today. With selections ranging from Suzanne's early modular experimentations, to her commercial sound design, to her romantic synthesizer works, to her delicate piano compositions, this soundtrack is the only collection of its kind. Like the film, it's a journey into Suzanne's mind, and a career-spanning exploration of this genre-defying artist. Pressed on clear vinyl for Record Store Day 2020.
1. Liberator Atari TV Spot (Long Version) 2. The First Wave (Birth of Venus) 3. Concert at Phil Niblock’s Loft (Excerpt) 4. “Pop & Pour” Coca-Cola Logo 5. Lincoln Mercury 4-Door Cougar TV Spot 6. Suzanne Ciani 'Clean Room' ITT TV Spot 2012 7. The Eighth Wave 8. Rain (A Life In Waves Version) 9. Paris 1971 10. Princess 11. Butterflies 12. The Third Wave (Love In The Waves)
Pre-GWAR mayhem. This is the band that started it all. Before he became Oderus Urungus, Dave Brockie fronted Richmond VA art-punk weirdos Death Piggy. All three of their EPs are combined here with unreleased and compilation tracks on 180g green vinyl with experimental etchings, remastered from the original tapes and with liner notes written by the band's guitarist Russ Bahorsky. First American vinyl pressing in over 30 years.
BONUS DOWNLOAD CONTENT WITH PURCHASE: 20 minute never-before heard live improv acoustic set from 1984, recorded as the band surprised business owners and pedestrians on the street with an impromptu performance.
1 G-O-D Spells God 2 Splatter Flick 3 Eat The People 4 Fat Man 5 Nympho 6 Bathtub In Space 7 No Prob, Dude 8 Mangoes & Goats 9 Welcome To The Record 10 Boner 11 Showbiz 12 Dinner In The Morning
1 Whippin' Around The Bay 2 Ceramic Butt 3 Poet 4 Ground "B" Sound 5 Joey Died Today 6 Minute 2 Live 7 Scabs (UNRELEASED 8 Ewoks (UNRELEASED) 9 Fear Of Murder (RARE)
20 minute live improv acoustic set from 1984, captured as the band surprised business owners and passerby on the street by showing up unannounced with their instruments. (ONLY AVAILABLE WITH THE DOWNLOAD OF THE ALBUM, INCLUDED WITH THE PURCHASE OF THE LP)
1. Hey, It's Okay 2. Jeff Slater 3. You Can Eat Dinner If You Want To 4. Something In A / The Day After The Music Died 5. Jingle Bells / Leprosy 6. Purple Haze
A road paving, agency grabbing, '69 girl group garage band trip! Pressed on double pink vinyl!
Nashville, 1966: five young girls teach themselves their instruments playing along to the radio. Initially named 'The Pivots' and by the end of '67 christened as The Feminine Complex, they were playing out and developing a local following including radio and television appearances. They created their own versions of popular songs, a style that reflected their need to express their own experience of girlhood. Gender bending 'boys' songs' they simply changed the lyrics, modifying the major characters and pronouns creating a space for themselves inside the music where they were able to become the agents of their own wishes, needs and desires. Come '68, they appeared on NBC's nationally syndicated Showcase '68, hosted by Lloyd Thaxton paving way to their cult status.
It is not allegorical to say that in some way, they widened the entrance to the historical vacuum that a generation later would come to be filled by Riot Grrrl and rock 'n' roll camps for girls. The Feminine Complex were not just a good band because they were girls, or because they were the first girls. They are a good band because they are. Lucky for us, we have these recordings, so we can continue to hear why.
Features the original '69 album plus 11 originally unissued tracks!
01. Hide And Seek 02. Now I Need You 03. Are You Lonesome Like Me? 04. I Won’t Run 05. Six O’Clock In The Morning 06. Run That Thru Your Mind 07. It’s Magic 08. I Don’t Want Another Man 09. Forgetting 10. I’ve Been Workin’ On You 11. Time Slips By 12. Hold My Hand 13. Love Love Love 14. I’ve Been Workin’ On You (demo) 15. Hold Me 16. Now I Care 17. A Summer Morning 18. The Warmth Of Your Smile 19. Are You Lonesome Like Me? (demo) 20. Time Slips By (demo) 21. Is This A Dream? 22. Movin’
History of Sickness recorded in 2012 with Chiyo Nukaga Jacobus from Noothgrush and Greg Wilkinson from Brainoil at Earhammer Studios. Exclusive RSD release limited to 1000 copies with etching on "B" side.
"History of Sickness"/Etched B-Side
Classic 1983 Live Gun Club recording from the Lyceum in London. This is an often bootlegged recording from a tour which was considered one of their best. A show from that same week was on a DVD called Live At The Hacienda, released by Cherry Red in 2006. The band consisted of Jeffrey Lee Pierce. Patricia Morrison, Jim Duckworth and Dee Pop. This recording has been digitally remastered.
1. “Opening Space” 2. “Fire of Love” 3. “Run Through The Jungle” 4. “John Hardy” 5. “The Lie” 6. “Black Train” 7. “Cool Drink of Water” 8. “Fire Spirit” 9. “Death Party” 10. “Sex Beat” 11. “Goodbye Johnny” 12. “House of Highland Avenue” 13. “Texas Serenade” 14. “Heebee Jeebees”
Celebrating the 50th anniversary of Jimi Hendrix's Band of Gypsys final album, this 7” is the first official U.S. single. With new artwork by Experience Hendrix. Pressed on red and yellow splattered vinyl.
“Message To Love (Live)” / “Changes (Live)”
Double album featuring a 1995 live show from Nick's Fat City in Pittsburg, PA. Features tracks: Only Wanna Be With You, Hold My Hand, Let Her Cry, I Go Blind, Love The One You’re With. Limited to 5000 copies wordwide.
1. Hannah Jane, 2. I Go Blind, 3. Not Even The Trees, 4. If You're Going My Way, 5. Look Away
1. Fine Line, 2. Let Her Cry, 3. Motherless Child, 4. I'm Goin' Home, 5. Use Me
1. Running From An Angel, 2. Sorry's Not Enough, 3. Drowning, 4. The Old Man And Me, 5. Only Wanna Be With You
1. Time, 2. Goodbye, 3. The Ballad Of John And Yoko, 4. Hold My Hand, 5. Love The One You're With
The band’s 2019 debut album, on vinyl for the first time, and translucent blue vinyl at that.
Side A: “Lula, I'm Not Mad” / “Change Ur Mind” / “A Slow Death In Pacific Standard Time” / “Saturday Night (feat. Bleached)”
Side B: “Smarter Ways Of Saying It” / “Everything Means Everything Meant Everything” / “Ritalin” / “Halloween”
Shooter Jennings’ live show at Bonnaroo 2006 - right after the release of his Electric Rodeo album. Shooter Jennings & the .357’s perform medleys of the hits, as well as some special versions never-before-released.
1. Gone To Carolina / Solid Country Gold 2. Busted In Baylor County 3. Some Rowdy Women 4. Song Is Still Slipping Away / Lonesome Blues 5. Manifesto No. 1 & 2 6. Bad Magick 7. Steady At The Wheel 8. Southern Comfort 9. 4th of July 10. Little White Lines 11. Daddy’s Farm
With his latest EP, Cover Your Tracks, Lund expands on his Western heritage by wearing his more popular and prominent influences on his sleeve. Covering songs from diverse artists such as Lee Hazlewood, Billy Joel, Marty Robbins and AC/DC, Lund expands on not only his favorite songs but on the range, sound and style in which those songs are delivered. Featuring the likes of Ian Tyson and Hayes Carll, Cover Your Tracks is a focused and deliberate collection of classic and unexpected songs, curated by Corb. Released and pressed on 45 RPM 12” opaque blue vinyl.
1. These Boots Are Made for Walkin' 2. The Cover of the Rolling Stone (feat. Hayes Carll) 3. They're Hanging Me Tonight 4. Outlaw Man 5. Ride On (feat. Ian Tyson) 6. Seven Spanish Angels 7. It's Still Rock And Roll To Me 8. I Shall Be Released
PRESSED ON AQUA BLUE COLORED VINYL PACKAGED WITH A DELUXE OBI-STRIP AND INCLUDES A DOWNLOAD CARD FOR THE FULL ALBUM
As Chuck Mosley (ex Faith No More & Bad Brains) embarked on the Reintroduce Yourself Tour, which saw him play around 160 shows during the last two years of his life, he had an idea about releasing a live collection of songs. Part of the point of the tour was to give Chuck a chance to revisit his past, in Cement, VUA, and even some stuff he wrote way back in the day. This release has a mix of those, along with one brand new song, Blue Heart, which he wrote a few months before passing. Quality recordings are scarce and others were sabotaged by off-time clapping, buzzing old amps, and endless stage banter. While we were never polished, never perfect, nor did we get all the lyrics correct, this record is 100% Chuck Mosley, and we think you'll dig it.
1. Sophie (Live in Manchester) 2. Blue Heart (Live in Knoxville) 3. Come Around (Live in Huntsville) 4. Song #2 (Live in Huntsville)
1. Nameless (Live in Manchester) 2. Tractor (Live in London) 3. Bella Donna (Live in London) 4. Bob Forest (Live in London) 5. C to G (Douglas' unapproved hidden track)
PRESSED ON BLUE & WHITE SWIRL VINYL!
Housed In A High Gloss Jacket With Each LP Tucked Into A Printed Inner Sleeve
Nasir "Nas" Jones' 2001 record Stillmatic was considered a major comeback for the 90s rap icon. It signaled a return to the gritty, urban chaos of his acclaimed debut album, after releasing record after record of gradually more mainstream material, and Nas' return to prominence in the highest echelons of hip-hop. In spite of this newfound critical clout, Stillmatic's release did nothing to squash his then ongoing feud with fellow New Yorker Jay-Z, who had gone so far as to challenge Nas to a pay-per-view rap battle, a challenge Nas rejected, stating "If Jay-Z wants to battle, he should drop his album the same day I do and let the people decide."
Nas fans never would get the no-holds barred lyrical battle with Jay-Z many had speculated. What they got instead was one of Nas' most personal and introspective releases to date in 2002. Not long after Stillmatic's release, Nas spent much of his time away from the limelight to tend to his ill mother, who would pass on from breast cancer in 2002. His experiences with his mother's mortality as well as the fallout of his feud with Jay-Z, who continued to produce diss tracks as Nas tended to his mother, would inspire much of the lyrical material on his next record. God's Son was released in December of 2002, and like Stillmatic before it, was subject to major critical acclaim.
On God's Son, Nas effectively took the battle-hardened demeanor he had cultivated and tore it down across 14 tracks that were emotionally insular, though still dusted in urban grit, and still finding time to shoot back at Jay-Z's potshots on tracks like "Last Real Nigga Alive" and "Mastermind." Assisting Nas was a slew of top-tier producers like The Alchemist, Eminem, Ron Browz, and Salaam Remi, over samples of James Brown, the Incredible Bongo Band, Fela Kuti, and Beethoven, and guest vocals from Alicia Keys, Kelis, Claudette Ortiz of City High, and even a posthumous 2Pac.
God's Son has been out of print on vinyl since its initial 2002 release, but Get On Down is excited to bring you this deluxe LP package for Record Store Day 2020, remastered from its original audio and pressed on exclusive colored vinyl!
1. Get Down, 2. The Cross, 3. Made You Look
1. Last Real Nigga Alive, 2. Zone Out (feat. Bravehearts), 3. Hey Nas (feat. Claudette Ortiz & Kelis), 4. I Can
1. Book Of Rhymes, 2. Thugz Mansion (N.Y.) (feat. 2Pac & J. Phoenix), 3. Mastermind, 4. Warrior Song (feat. Alicia Keys)
1. Revolutionary Warfare (feat. Lake), 2. Dance, 3. Heaven (feat. Jully Black)
A truly special two-sided picture disc featuring imagery unavailable elsewhere - one side features the cover art, and the other, the Aureyal: a symbol representing the unity of the seven Gelfling Clans. The Aureyal presents itself in the visions of various important gelfling characters and is formally identified as "the sigil of great power" by skekGra the Heretic.
Composer Daniel Pemberton reveals: “I wanted the music to be as magical as Thra itself – organic, imperfect, strange, mystical, otherworldly and wonderful. I wanted to create new sounds that felt like they came from the world itself, as well as using thematic large scale orchestral elements to bring an emotion to the journey of the characters.
There are two Dark Crystal picture discs being released for Record Store Day, with completely different track listings.
The 10 episode prequel to the groundbreaking 1982 fan favorite The Dark Crystal stars Taron Egerton, Star Wars’ Mark Hamill, Harry Potter’s Helena Bonham-Carter, Tomb Raider star Alicia Vikander and Outlander’s Caitriona Balfe.
1. Dzenpo! – Daniel Pemberton 2. Remember Your Oath – Samuel Sim 3. Puppet Show – Samuel Sim, Daniel Pemberton 4. Song Of Thra – Daniel Pemberton 5. The Skeksis Arrive – Samuel Sim 6. Outcast – Daniel Pemberton 7. Outside Podling Wayhouse – Daniel Pemberton
1. An Old Story – Daniel Pemberton 2. The Three Brothers Rise – Daniel Pemberton 3. Attack Of The Arathim – Samuel Sim, Daniel Pemberton 4. Our Sister Is Gone – Samuel Sim 5. The Dark Crystal: End Credits – Daniel Pemberton 6. The Dark Crystal: The Age Of Hope – Daniel Pemberton
Ponytails & Cocktails is a collaboration between 5 individuals from all different backgrounds. Front man and lead singer, Chad Dukes hosts a daily sports talk radio program (Chad Dukes VS The World) for over a decade in Washington DC on CBS 106.7 The Fan. He also hosts the everlasting podcast," Big O and Dukes" since 2007, boasting more than 50 Million downloads. Acoustic Guitarist, Dempsey Hamilton, is the owner of Mobius Records in Fairfax, VA. as well as a long-time touring sound engineer.
Spawned from their love of the Broken Lizard movie "Club Dread", Ponytails & Cocktails started as a tribute band to Bill Paxton's character "Coconut Pete". They are the ONLY band endorsed by Jay Chandrasekhar and Erik Stolhanske of the comedy troop "Broken Lizard". From there, they decided to write their own material in the same spirit. “Big Blue Wave” is their first original album and it debuted at #6 on the Billboard Comedy charts in 2019 and shot up to #3 on iTunes sales the first 2 weeks it was available.They made only 250 hard copies of CD and Tapes and sold them out within the first weekend. This limited edition record comes with a bonus track and skit not included on the CD or Streaming. Think Wheeler Walker Jr. on a beach in Piña Coladaberg.
THIS RELEASE IS BEING CHAMPIONED BY RSD STORE MOBIUS DISCS IN FAIRFAX, VA. IT IS AVAILABLE TO ALL STORES BUT WILL MOST LIKELY BE FOUND IN THAT REGION.
1.Big Blue Wave 2.Look Behind The Banana 3. Interlude #1 4.Percy Pelican’s 5.Son Of A Santa 6.Week Of Tribulations 7.Interlude #2 8.Tacos In Valhalla 9.Canyons Of Urine 10.Putman’s Hair 11.Follow The Banana 12. Big Blue Wave (clean)
3LP set featuring a complete live show recorded at University of Wisconsin in 1989. Pressed on 140g black vinyl, the set features the tracks "Alex Chilton", "Bastards of Young", "I’ll Be You", "Can’t Hardly Wait", "I Will Dare", and many more. Limited to 8500 copies worldwide.
FIRST TIME EVER RELEASE FOR THE COMPLETE ALTERNATIVE SOUNDTRACK TO THE GROUP’S SEMINAL 2001 VIDEO COLLECTION BRILLIANT STUDIO RE-INTERPRETATIONS OF CLASSIC MATERIAL, INCLUDING ‘HELLO SKINNY’, ‘CONSTANTINOPLE’, ‘THIS IS A MAN’S MAN’S MAN’S WORLD’, THE ‘ONE MINUTE MOVIES’ AND MORE 2LP SET PRESSED ON ORANGE AND YELLOW VINYL AVAILABLE IN LIMITED QUANTITIES WORLDWIDE
Released to mark the turn of the new millennium in 2001, the “Icky Flix” DVD showcased The Residents’ award winning videos in glorious technicolor. To accompany those icky old films, the group also produced brand new recordings of each of the twenty songs, providing an alternate new soundtrack to some otherwise ancient visual material.
Inspired in places, plain ridiculous in others, “Icky Flix – The Original Soundtrack Recording” now brings together those Residential classics in their unedited entirety, as reworked by the group and singer Molly Harvey in the year 2000.
Familiar to fans, enticing to the curious and just too damn weird to everybody else, this is The Residents up to their old tricks again, reworking some of their favourite old tunes in their own style. Whether or not some members of the group ever realised they’d recorded the originals of those tunes in the first place is anybody’s guess.
Available exclusively for Record Store Day 2020, on coloured vinyl and in limited quantities worldwide.
1. ICKY IN?, 2. THE THIRD REICH & ROLL, 3. CONSTANTINOPLE, 4. HELLO SKINNY, 5. KICK A PICNIC, 6. MOISTURE, 7. ACT OF BEING POLITE, 8. PERFECT LOVE, 9. SIMPLE SONG, 10. SONGS FOR SWINGING LARVAE
1. WHERE IS SHE?, 2. VILENESS FATS (CONCENTRATE)
1. THIS IS A MAN'S MAN'S MAN'S WORLD, 2. STARS AND STRIPES FOREVER, 3. HARRY THE HEAD, 4. JELLY JACK THE BONELESS BOY, 5. THE GINGERBREAD MAN (CONCENTRATE)
1. HE ALSO SERVES, 2. BAD DAY ON THE MIDWAY (CONCENTRATE), 3. JUST FOR YOU (DISFIGURED NIGHT PART 7), 4. BURN BABY BURN, 5. ICKY OUT!
Vinyl: $17.99 Buy
These live tracks from The Rolling Stones have never been commercially available before. "Rock In A Hard Place" was recorded live in Atlantic City and "Almost Hear You Sign" in Tokyo.
"Rock And A Hard Place"/"Almost Hear You Sigh"
British singer-songwriter and front woman of trip-hop group Morcheeba, Skye Edwards celebrates the 10 year anniversary of her second album Keeping Secrets with the exclusive, special limited edition, white gatefold 180g vinyl for this year’s Record Store Day. Keeping Secrets, produced by Alexis Smith and Emmy-nominated Grace Jones collaborator Ivor Guest, showcases Skye’s instantly recognizable, smooth vocals. This limited edition white vinyl gatefold for RSD 2020 is the record’s first vinyl release.
“I Believe”/ “Boo Hoo” / “Not Broken” / “The Shape I’m In” / “Monsters Demons” / “Clock To Stop” / “Almost Killed Me” / “Wrong Alright” / “Maybe To Spain” / “Exhale”
In 2013, Chris Smither returned to his hometown of New Orleans to record a retrospective of his five-decade career with an all-star band including the legendary Allen Toussaint. The sessions were especially productive, resulting in the double CD release Still On The Levee in 2014. There were more than a dozen songs that couldn't fit on the original release, and they are collected here on More From The Levee. This is Chris Smither's first vinyl release since the ‘70s.
Side A: 1. Lonely Time 2. Confirmation 3. Drive You Home Again 4. I Am The Ride 5. What I Do
Side B: 1. Let It Go 2. Hey Hey Hey 3. Caveman 4. Old Man Down 5. Father's Day
The members of the band mostly just call it jazz, or "hot music," or, when they're feeling naughty, "race music" -- a term that dates back to the1920s and '30s, when major record labels released jump blues and hot jazz singles under special subsidiary imprints with names like Okeh and Sepiatone. It's music that doesn't really have a name anymore, yet everyone recognizes it and loves it. This wasn't the album that made the Squirrel Nut Zippers a household name (that honor goes to Hot, the follow-up), but it sure could have if given the chance. An instrumental with the pitch-perfect title of "Lugubrious Whing Whang," cover versions of "You're Drivin' Me Crazy" and "I've Found a New Baby," originals like "Lover's Lane," and the absolutely hair-raising "La Grippe" -- these are not just labors of love by dewy-eyed nostalgists. The SNZs have taken this music and appropriated it entirely, without a trace of irony or condescension. The result is magnificent.
First ever vinyl release for the album.
1. Lovers Lane 2. Danny Diamond 3. I've Found A New Baby 4. Anything But Love 5. Good Enough For Granddad 6. Wished For You 7. La Grippe 8. Lugubrious Whing Whang 9. Club Limbo 10. Wash Jones 11. You're Drivin' Me Crazy 12. Plenty More
Double-sided 7" picture disc in standard jacket. Side A will feature cover art from Weather Balloons (feat. Frances Cone) and Side B will feature cover art from SUSTO's rendition of "Daniel," the classic Elton John hit.
"Weather Balloons" is a special version of a previously released song from Ever Since I Lost My Mind, featuring vocals from tour mate Christina Cone (aka Frances Cone.) “Sometimes a song can be transformed through live performance with new people. For me, connecting with Christina was like meeting a long-lost musical sister, and when we began performing ‘Weather Balloons’ together on tour, the song was given a new energy that needed to be captured. This new recording is an attempt to capture that magic that happens on stage, between friends.” - SUSTO
On "Daniel," SUSTO present their faithful rendition of the classic Elton John hit, “Daniel.” Originally released by John in 1973, the song reached #2 on the US Pop charts and #1 on the Adult Contemporary charts, and has since gone on to reach Platinum certification by the RIAA. SUSTO front man and lead singer, Justin Osborne, provides the vocals with a sincerity that honors the spirit of the beloved ballad, while the underlying instrumentals provide an effervescent quality, through the use of clever synch tones and instruments as unconventional as beer bottles."
“Weather Balloons (ft. Frances Cone)”/”Daniel”
Kickin presents Hi Tide Groove, DJ's Choice 1969 - 1981, a collection of Hi Records singles from the famous (Al Green and Ann Peebles) to the obscure (Africano and Jean Plum). Released for Record Store Day 2020 on 180g colored vinyl.
1. Larry "T-Byrd" Gordon “Contact Off Funk”, 2. Al Green “Love Ritual”, 3. Ann Peebles “Come To Mama”, 4. Syl Johnson “The Love You Left Behind”, 5. Ann Peebles “Somebody's On Your Case”, 6. O.V. Wright “Into Something (Can't Shake Loose)”, 7. Veneice “Stepchild”, 8. Ann Peebles “Slipped, Tripped and Fell In Love”, 9. Africano “Satisfactorize Your Mind”, 10. Africano “Open Your Hearts Pts. 1&2”, 11. Majik “Back Into Your Heart”, 12. Al Green “Full of Fire”, 13. Bobby McClure “She's Miss Wonderful”, 14. George Jackson “Let Them Know You Care”, 15. Phillip Mitchell “Little Things”, 16. Jean Plum “Look At That Boy”, 17. Ann Peebles “It's Your Thing”, 18. Al Green “Get Back Baby”, 19. Willie Mitchell “My Babe”, 20. Ann Peebles “I Don't Lend My Man”, 21.Iota “Love Come Weekend”, 22. Odyssey “No One Else Pts. 1&2”, 23. Donna Rhodes “Where's Your Love Been”, 24. Jean Plum “Pour On The Loving”, 25. Ann Peebles featuring Don Bryant “Man Belle-Amour”
Penned by Emmy winner Lena Waithe and helmed by Grammy Award winner Melina Matsoukas in her feature directorial debut, Queen & Slim premiered last fall to critical and commercial acclaim. The accompanying multi-genre soundtrack, released by Motown, is now on vinyl for the first time for Record Store Day. Showcases a range of talent across Black artists. Including classic songs by Roy Ayers, Bilal X Raphael Saadiq, and others as well as new music from Lauryn Hill, Megan Thee Stallion, BJ the Chicago Kid, Vince Staples, Burna Boy, Lil Baby, Tiana Major9 & EARTHGANG.
LP1 / SIDE A
1. Megan Thee Stallion feat. VickeeLo - Ride Or Die, 2. Bilal feat. Raphael Saadiq - Soul Sista (Remix), 3. Vince Staples Feat. 6lack & Mereba - Yo Love, 4. Tiana Major9 & EARTHGANG – Collide
LP1 / SIDE B
1. Syd - Getting Late, 2. Mike Jones feat. Slim Thug & Paul Wall - Still Tippin', 3. Coast Contra feat. BJ The Chicago Kid - Queen x Slim, 4. Choker – Frame
LP2 / SIDE A
1. Lil Baby - Catch The Sun, 2. Roy Ayers - Searching, 3. Ms. Lauryn Hill - Guarding The Gates, 4. Burna Boy - My Money, My Baby
LP2 / SIDE B
1. Cedes Benz - The-Dream, 2. Little Freddie King - Standin' At Yo Door (Live), 3. Blood Orange feat. Ian Isiah & Jason Arce - Runnin’ Away, 4. Moses Sumney - Doomed
Including 13 tracks, this sixth volume of the ‘Psyché France’ collection is a new tribute to the mavericks and lost heroes of the 1960s and 70s French music scene.
1. Gilbert Deflez / L'agonie 2:20, 2. Jean -Yves Liévaux / Cheval de Troie 3:05, 3. Edwige / Mon rêve certain 2:35, 4. Albin / Chante dans ma maison 2:34, 5. Patrick Roche /Révolution, qui dira ta couleur 3:22, 6. Présence / Dis -moi si... ! 4:10, 7. Serge Koolenn & Joëlle / Je rêve 3:27
1. Isabelle /Ne me parlez plus de l'amour 2:53, 2. Marco / Monte sur le toit 2:56, 3. Gilbert Deflez / Le perroquet 03:37, 4. René Vallère / Coupe de cristal peint 3:51, 5. Richard Lable /À pas démesurément lents 2:48, 6. Igor Wakhévitch /Beginning of Peter's Journey 3:18
Mike Watt, legendary bassist behind Minutemen, fIREHOSE, Dos, and so much more, is the latest to release a cover of a Squeeze song for Record Store Day. Mike teams up with his Secondmen for a cover of 'In Quintessence,' the opening track from Squeeze's 1981 album East Side Story. This is the fifth installment from the Swindles series and was produced and engineered by Squeeze-aficionado Steve Mandel. This is the first time Mike's version of "In Quintessence" has ever been released and will be available as a 45 single, with the vocal version on the A-side and the instrumental version on the B-side, for Record Store Day 2020.
SIDE A: In Quintessence SIDE B: In Quintessence (Instrumental)
Nightjar is the eighth studio album from Marty Willson-Piper (The Church, All About Eve, Noctorum), originally released in 2008. Considered by many fans to be the best record of MWP's career, this will be the first time it has ever been released on vinyl. Pressed on limited edition red vinyl with new artwork design on inside gatefold. Download card included.
A new project from MWP, Moat, will have a new album called Poison Stream in June 2020.
1. No One There 2. More is Less 3. Lullaby for the Lonely 4. The Sniper 5. Feed Your Mind 6. High Down Below 7. I Must’ve Fallen 8. The Love You Never Had 9. Song for Victor Jara 10. A Game for Losers